Muppets Most Wanted

By: Kaitlin Swick

“We’re doing a sequel!  We’re back by popular demand!”  That’s right, The Muppets are back again, and this time they are on a world tour.  Having recently gotten back together in the last movie, The Muppets are ready to hit the road and take their show around the world., with their tour manager, Dominic Badguy (pronounced Bad-gee).  Trouble strikes though when the world’s most wanted criminal, Constantine, a frog who looks identical to Kermit except that he has a mole on his face, manages to escape prison in Siberia.  Shocking as it might sound, Dominic Badguy turns out to be working with Constantine the frog, and while on tour, Dominic tricks Kermit and puts Constantine in The Muppets Show, and Kermit gets sent to a prison in Siberia.  What will happen?  Will the Muppets complete their world tour without Kermit? You will just have to watch it to find out!

“We’re doing a sequel!  That’s what we do in Hollywood, and everybody knows the sequel’s never quite as good!”  These are a few lines from the opening number, “We’re Doing a Sequel”, and I disagree with it.  I think the sequel is just as good as the previous movie, if not better.  This film is stocked with cameos, including but not limited to, Tom Hiddleston, Lady GaGa, Josh Groban, Zach Galifianakis, Danny Trejo, and many more.  Some might think that the Muppets have been overdone, but I do not think so.  They are classic.  I really enjoyed the soundtrack and original songs in the movie.  It is also packed with humor, from Statler and Waldorf’s one-liners to the sarcastic Sam the Eagle.  I would recommend anyone wanting to see a friendly comedy to check out Muppets Most Wanted.